I’m enjoying the cooler Autumn weather as it urges me to stay indoors and play in the kitchen.
One of the things I’ve been experimenting with lately is making my own bread. It’s easy, smells amazing as it bakes and it’s so dang rewarding when you’ve got affordable homemade bread instead of an expensive, artisan loaf.
It’s also the perfect accompaniment when you’re whipping up a big batch of homemade soup.
After the success of my first Cuisine Companion video, I promptly put together another one to show you how easy it is to make a loaf of wholemeal seeded bread. And no kneading is required!
My attempt at creating videos is still a work in progress and I will absolutely take on board your feedback. The most common suggestions I have received so far are from those saying they want to SEE and HEAR me on screen. Eeeek! Rest assured folks, I will add more of myself into the videos I make in the future.
I’d love your thoughts – what do you like in a recipe video?
- 250ml warm water
- 11g dry yeast
- 300g wholemeal flour
- 100g rye flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs sunflower oil
- 1 cup seeds - I used flax, sunflower kernels, pumpkin kernels and pine nuts
- 1 Tbs Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- Spray a loaf tin with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with sesame seeds, covering the inside of the tin.
- Add the kneading / crushing blade to the Cuisine Companion bowl and add the warm water and yeast. Launch the P1 pastry program.
- After 30 seconds, pause the program and add the flour, salt, seeds and oil. Restart the program.
- When complete remove the dough, shape into a rectangle and place in the loaf tin. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top and cover with a tea towel. Rest for 1 hour.
- Bake at 240°C for 30 minutes.
Disclaimer: vegeTARAian received a Cuisine Companion courtesy of Tefal.
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter!