A few months ago I started playing with the Tefal OptiGrill+ and have been long awaiting the snacking and baking accessory to test as an alternative to the oven. I’m pleased to say it works fabulously! It’s certainly going to get a lot of use at my place.
This little treat is something that will make both your heart and your tummy smile. There are few things that make people happier than chocolate, especially when there’s a lot of it.
It’s super easy and would be perfect warmed up with an indulgent scoop of ice cream.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup coconut or brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Insert the kneading / crushing blade and add all ingredients to the bowl. Set to speed 5 for 10 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl down and mix again for a further 10 seconds.
- Pour the batter into a square baking tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool then cut into squares and serve. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
Are you making this at home? I would love to see it! Share a pic with the tag #vegeTARAianmakes so I can check it out. Happy cooking!
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter