I was instantly inspired yesterday. Having been cooped up in the house for days working on an assignment, I really needed a break. I also had a hankering for something sweet.
An email came through announcing a new post on The Sticky and Sweet’s blog. Oat Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies. Yep, I was hooked. By sheer coincidence, earlier in the day I had been wondering what I would do with the oats in the pantry. What a happy accident, perhaps it was meant to be!
I ruffled through the cupboard and luckily I had enough of everything to make the oat and chocolate treats. So here is my veganised version of these easy and delicious cookies.
Oat coconut choc chip cookies
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced) and line two trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugars in a bowl and beat until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a second bowl, then add to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate and coconut until it’s mixed through well.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays about 2cm apart.
- Bake for 12-15mins. Cool biscuits on the tray for about 10mins then transfer to rack to fully cool.
Adapted from The Sticky and Sweet.