London in the summertime. Everyone is out and about happily enjoying the warm weather. What a fantastic time to be in this wonderful city! I’m having such a great time and I just know I’ll have to come back again.
Today marks the halfway point and I’ve already had some excellent dining experiences that I’m looking forward to sharing with you.
There’s still so much to see and do so in the meantime here are a few things I’ve learnt about London:
- Most restaurants and cafes offer a really good variety of veg dishes
- ‘Heatwave’ has a different meaning in Australia
- Daylight lasts until after 9pm
- The vegetarian sections in supermarkets is MUCH bigger
- The weather can change in a minute – sunnies on, sunnies off, jumper on, jumper off…
- Mexican cuisine, frozen yoghurt (froyo) and American diner foods are everywhere
- Bees are enormous!
- There is a fantastic variety of cuisine with so many multicultural eateries
- Tourists are out in force – there are a lot of different accents around
- Beer isn’t always served ice cold
- There are so many food and clothing markets
- Being here for the birth of the new prince shows how much the English love their royals
- The locals love relaxing in grassy parks