Last month I made a delicious and incredibly popular coconut bread. Impressed with how easy this was to make, I decided to make some alterations in an attempt to make it my own.
There are three things I did differently:
- Halved the milk quantity
- Replaced the remaining milk portion with coconut cream
- Added a handful of dark chocolate chips
I used PureBlends coconut cream powder in this dish. It’s really easy to use, you just mix the powder with warm water – as much as you like until you get the consistency you want.
These minor variations made a perfect dish even better! So here it is, my revamped version of coconut bread.
Chocolate chip coconut bread
3 eggs with egg replacer
150ml soy milk
150ml coconut cream
2 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup caster sugar
150g shredded coconut
75g melted dairy free butter
Handful of small dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180deg and grease a loaf tin.
- Lightly whisk eggs, soy milk, coconut cream and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add sugar and coconut, stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the egg mixture until just combined. Add melted butter and stir until the mixture is just smooth, being careful not to over-mix.
- Add the dark chocolate chips and fold through mixture.
- Pour evenly into loaf tin and bake for 1 hour.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes then remove to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve in thick slices, toasted and buttered and dusted with icing sugar.