Need to make a treat but don’t have much time?
Balls are super easy to make and I’ve got the proof! Here are a few different types I’ve previously featured:
This is a crunchy choc-peanuty version, doesn’t contain processed sugar and is vegan as I used dairy-free chocolate, natural peanut butter and rice malt syrup.
I like to make the balls quite small so they are bite-sized but you could absolutely roll them a bit bigger if you’d like more substantial snacks.
For crunch I used puffed quinoa which I found at a health food store, you could also try puffed amaranth.
I love the dark caramel look of these balls and the surprise is they are much lighter than they appear.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 150g dark dairy-free chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups puffed quinoa
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- ⅔ cup rice malt syrup
- ⅓ cup water
- Add oats and chocolate to a food processor and whiz until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the puffed quinoa, coconut and sesame seeds. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the peanut butter and rice malt syrup. The consistency should be a little runny so if needed, add a little water and quickly stir through.
- Squeeze and roll into small balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate until set.
What’s your favourite easy sweet treat to make?
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter!