Whilst visiting a girlfriend recently, she made a gorgeous dinner salad which I loved. Even her two toddlers loved it! You know you are onto a winner with a dish if kids will happily eat it.
I attempted to recreate it myself. It’s super easy and perfect as a meal or a side dish. I like it with a good vegie sausage.
Potato, pumpkin, haloumi & green bean salad
3 large pototoes
Handful of green beans
Handful of snake beans
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small 1cm pieces.
- Add potato pieces into a bowl and drizzle with oil. Add any seasoning or herbs you like.
- Put the potato in the oven, set the timer for 25mins.
- Cut the pumpkin into 2cm pieces and remove the skin.
- When the oven timer goes off, add the pumpkin to the oven. Bake for 30mins.
- Cut haloumi into thin 2cm wide pieces and pan fry until golden brown.
- Rinse beans and place in microwave safe dish. Half fill dish with water. Add a blob of butter (I use Nuttelex). Cook for 2mins.
- Add all ingredients into a serving bowl and toss.
I didn’t dress the salad so the ingredients could be the star of the dish. I think it would also be great with roasted pine nuts. Yum!