I really don’t know why I’ve not been the potato baking bandwagon before, I have no excuse. I surely was in the olden days when Ma used to make them at home, I’ve just never really made them myself. That is, until I realised how ridiculously easy and delicious they can be.
It couldn’t be simpler – Slice root veg. Layer. Season. Add cheese. Bake. Job done.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- ½ red onion, cut into rings
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and coat a deep baking tray with a layer of oil.
- Layer the potato to cover the base of the tray, add then top with a layer of sweet potato. Add a sprinkling of lemon pepper seasoning and a light layer of parmesan. Repeat with the remainder of the potato and sweet potato and top with parsley and parmesan.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 50 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Friends, I need tips to make more of these delicious sides! What do you like to add to your potato bake?
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter