Often recipes are complicated and seem daunting with all the steps and fancy pantry items required. I prefer simple recipes that are quick to prepare and loaded with a handful of good quality ingredients. A simple dish that you can make at home (it’s one I love to whip up when I’m busy and short on time) is mushrooms with pasta and pesto.
Homemade pesto is one of my favourite staples as you can use so many different types of greens and nuts to make it, and it can be used so many ways. Trust me, once you’ve seen how easy it is to make your own, you won’t need to buy a pre-made pesto again.
Keen to whiz up your own? Check out these healthy homemade pesto recipes.
- 150g swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dairy-free butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup pasta
- 2 Tbs pesto
- Add the pasta to a pot of salted boiling water and cook as per the instructions.
- Pour a little extra virgin olive oil to a hot pan and add the mushrooms. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a knob of dairy-free butter into the pan and mix in until melted.
- Drain the pot, leaving the pasta, then add the mushrooms. Add your favourite pesto and mix thoroughly. Add more pesto if desired.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Are you making this at home? I would love to see it! Share a pic with the tag #vegeTARAianmakes so I can check it out. Happy cooking!
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter