Sometimes it’s the simplest things that are the most impressive. This is a super easy, no added sugar snack that is good for you and great for entertaining.
I took these choc peanut butter balls to the office and along with being a big hit (and a second batch requested) they were named ‘naughty’ balls because they taste like a bad-for-you chocolate snack when in fact they are a healthy treat!
Tip: Medjool dates provide a good amount of sweetness but if you have a sweet tooth, you could add some agave syrup or honey. I prefer a bit of texture so I blitzed the almonds into little chunks for added crunch. You could certainly use finer almonds if you prefer. Because I’m a cinnamon fan I used Cinnamon Spice Peanut Spread – alternatively you could use normal peanut butter and add a little cinnamon if you like.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 Tbs cacao powder
- 15 medjool dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup Cinnamon Spice Peanut Spread
- Shredded coconut
- Insert the ultrablade to the bowl and blitz almonds on speed 10 for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the dates, peanut butter and cacao powder and and blitz on speed 8 for 1 minute.
- Roll the mixture into small balls lay on a flat tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Coat each ball in coconut and enjoy.
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter!