I really do feel lucky to live Down Under – a land of stunning landscapes, beautiful weather and friendly people. Nothing makes me appreciate this more than visiting different countries and getting a taste of other cultures and cuisines.
As well as the essentials I pack for a trip, there are a few rules I live by to get the most out of the experience when traveling overseas. These tips have always helped me to have a wonderful journey and I hope they come in handy for your next adventure.
- Learn basic phrases – saying ‘hello’ and ‘thank you’ in the local tongue will be appreciated.
- Skip the western breakfast – you can have that at home! Be adventurous and try different flavours in a local dish.
- Smile at people – smiling is contagious and it could be the start of an interesting conversation.
- Pack light – this makes it easier to get around and saves room for goodies and gifts to take home.
- Keep an open mind – enjoy the experience and differences in culture and food.
Friends, I would love to hear your tips – what rules do you live by when you’re traveling?
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter!