Since I mentioned Ma’s fab onion jam, there have a few requests for the recipe and thankfully, Ma agreed to share it. It’s delicious and goes with everything, especially these awesome vegan mushroom rolls.
So here it is folks, enjoy!
- 1kg brown onions
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1kg sugar
- 75g mustard seeds
- 400ml red wine vinegar
- 300ml sweet chilli sauce
- Olive oil
- Peel, halve and slice onions thinly.
- Cook onions in olive oil until softened.
- Add sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Add mustard seeds, vinegar and sweet chilli sauce and boil until reduced and thickened (about 30 minutes).
- Pour jam into sterilised jars. Makes 6 x 250ml jars.
Are you making this at home? Share a pic with the tag #vegeTARAianmakes so I can check it out. Happy cooking!
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter