I love spring – the weather is warming up, we can pack away some of those bulky winter clothes and there’s an abundance of freshly grown produce to get creative with.
Thanks to the good folk at Tefal, for this seasonal challenge I wanted to have a crack at vegetable loaded ‘sausages’ which would be perfect for entertaining.
It’s easily done when you dice the veg into little pieces – and by dice I mean whiz up in the CC!
A bit of turmeric for colour, some panko for texture and a little nutritional yeast for that cheesy flavour and BOOM, you’ve got a good-for-you snag that you can pop in a bun, hot dog style, or simply enjoy with a salad or steamed veg.
Heck, you could even get the kids eating veg with these healthy sausages.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- Sunflower oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 zucchini, peeled
- 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ½ cup plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- Insert the ultrablade in the bowl. Add the onion and set at speed 12 for 10 seconds to dice. Remove diced onions and rinse the bowl and ultrablade.
- Heat a pan to medium and add a little oil. Cook the onion until soft and stir through the turmeric. Remove the cooked onions from the pan and set aside.
- Insert the ultrablade in the bowl. Cut the carrots and zucchini into quarters and set at speed 12 for 15 seconds to dice.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mas the beans with a fork. Add the cooked onions, diced carrot and zucchini, panko, nutritional yeast and coriander. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Roll into logs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the flour to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Roll each log in the seasoned flour.
- Heat a pan, add a little oil and gently fry the sausages - being careful when turning - until lightly browned.
Disclaimer: vegeTARAian received a Cuisine Companion courtesy of Tefal.
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter!