Fact: Winter = comfort food.
These cheesy taters will do the trick and they are darn simple – potatoes, cheese, dairy-free butter, spring onion and a little S&P.
They make an epic snack or a wicked side dish.
- Buy long potatoes so you can get the most out of this simple side dish.
- I like to cut them thickly – if you prefer thinner slices it will cook faster.
- If the potatoes are big, pop them in boiling water for a minute to soften before cutting and filling.
Friends, what’s your favourite cold weather snack?
- 4 medium potatoes
- 100g cheese, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 80g dairy-free butter, melted
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Slice potatoes, almost all the way through and gently widen, careful not to break.
- Place a piece of cheese in each slice. Mix the spring onion into the melted butter.
- Spoon the spring onion and butter mixture generously into each slice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes so the cheese melts and the potato is cooked.
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter!