Fact: It ain’t easy to make a rice pudding look amazing, but it sure does TASTE pretty darn good.
It’s creamy, it’s not too sweet and it’s hearty – all the things that makes a puddin’ good.
This good-for-you snack is easy to make and is full of things from your pantry so you can whip it up whenever the urge hits you. I love a rice pud heated up so it warms my belly but there’s plenty of folk who prefer it cold out of the fridge. The rules are, there are no rules!
- 60g coconut sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 400ml coconut cream
- 600ml water
- 200g arborio rice
- Cinnamon to serve
- Insert the mixer blade to the bowl. Add the coconut cream, water, vanilla bean paste and sugar. Cook at 95°C on speed 3 for 8 minutes, without the stopper.
- Add the rice and cook at 95°C at speed 3 for 30 minutes, without the stopper.
- When complete, leave the pudding to rest for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to serve.
Are you making this at home? I would love to see it! Share a pic with the tag #vegeTARAianmakes so I can check it out. Happy cooking!
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter