I’ve got a major sweet tooth so to combat this occasional curse I purposely don’t keep sweet snacks in the house. I’d much prefer something homemade so I know what is in it.
These days cooking from scratch doesn’t have to mean slaving away at a hot stove for hours. Thanks to all the nifty time-saving machines available, you can prepare and cook dishes even quicker…and that is perfect for an impatient soul such as myself.
These caramel maple cupcakes are something I discovered a while ago at The Hungry Mum and I’ve since made a dairy-free version a few times. They always turn out beautifully and thanks to the coconut sugar, they’re not too sweet.
These snacks are dairy-free, quick and super easy to make!
For those times when you’re craving a sweet treat but you don’t want to spend loads of time in the kitchen – this recipe will sort you out.
Tip: If you don’t have coconut sugar you could use brown sugar but this will make them a little sweeter than my version.
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 100g dairy-free white chocolate, chopped
- 150g dairy-free butter
- ⅔ cup brown or coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup soy milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- ⅓ cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 160℃ and line a 12-hole cupcake pan with liners.
- Insert the mixer blade and add the maple syrup, white chocolate, coconut sugar, soy milk and dairy-free butter and mix on speed 1 at 100℃ for 5 minutes, until melted and smooth.
- Remove the mixer blade and replace with the kneading / crushing blade. Add the flours and egg substitute and mix on speed 5 for 30 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- To serve, dust with icing sugar.
Are you making this at home? I would love to see it! Share a pic with the tag #vegeTARAianmakes so I can check it out. Happy cooking!
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter