Sometimes I just want to get my back on, for no dang reason other than I want to make something and see how it turns out. But then there’s the problem of being stuck with said baked goods, and being in danger of scoffing them all yourself. HELP!
These babies will save the day. Serve them to a crowd and they’ll disappear in no time.
If you’ve ever needed a super quick and simple cake mix, this is the one for you.
This only has six ingredients and works wonderfully as a cake AND beautifully as teeny tiny little bites for an afternoon tea, gathering or kids party. Bonus points for being dairy-free.
Tip: Because they are little, be careful not to bake them too long as this will leave them a bit dry. For a fruiter version, top each muffin with fresh blueberries instead of chocolate chips. If you want a cake, pour all of the batter into a loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa
- ⅔ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sugar
- 270ml can coconut milk, shaken
- Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a 24-hole cupcake pan with liners.
- Insert the kneading / crushing blade then add all the dry ingredients to the bowl. Pour the coconut milk on top.
- Mix at speed 9 for 10 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the liners and top with a couple of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Are you making this at home? I would love to see it! Share a pic with the tag #vegeTARAianmakes so I can check it out. Happy cooking!
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter