Happy New Year and welcome to 2013! I’m super excited about the year ahead, it’s going to be fantastic! To celebrate I have a special treat for you. It’s my first giveaway and I have not one but THREE prizes up for grabs!
Thanks to the folks at Broccolini® baby broccoli, you could win one of three $100 Woolworths Gift cards.
A cross between broccoli and Chinese kale, Broccolini® baby broccoli combines an asparagus-like stem with tiny buds reminiscent of a mini broccoli head. Broccolini® baby broccoli is an entirely edible, no-waste vegie which can eaten from tip to stem. Ultimately versatile, it suits all cuisine styles.
I love the fresh crunch of broccolini. It’s great in stir frys or just as a side dish. My sister gave me a fab vegetarian cookbook for Christmas so I used it as inspiration to make a one-pot vegan broccolini lunch for the family.
300g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp salt
1 bunch Broccolini® baby broccoli
Salt and pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
3 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the potatoes and salt. Cook for 5 minutes until softened, then add the spaghetti and cook for a further 5 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add the broccolini and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain off the cooking liquid, reserving 1/4 cup.
- Add the pesto and reserved liquid to the pot with the pasta and vegetables. Season well with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the fresh parsley.
Adapted from The Vegetarian Kitchen by Mellissa Bushby
I made the pesto from scratch. It was my first time making pesto – it’s really easy and tastes so much better! Just whiz a bunch of basil, 50g toasted pine nuts, 2 garlic cloves and a good glug of extra virgin olive oil. I like it a little chunky so I pulsed the food processor in short bursts until I got the consistency I wanted.
Ring-a-ding-ding, who wants to win?
There are a number of ways you can enter the competition. Each of the tasks below will earn you one entry into the competition.
- Comment with your favourite Broccolini® recipe
- ‘Like’ vegeTARAian on Facebook
- ‘Like’ Broccolini® baby broccoli on Facebook
- Tweet ‘I could win a $100 Woolworths gift card thanks to @vegeTARAian and Broccolini® baby broccoli’
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The competition will run for two weeks with three winners selected at random. Prizes are only available to Australian residents.
So go forth and enter readers, you’ve got a fortnight to get your entries in. Good luck!