Urgh. It’s so dang hot today, I can hardly breathe.
It’s mid November and a billionty degrees (read a blazing 40+) and that has me wondering if the sun has morphed into an enormous flame-breathing dragon, scorching everything in its path. I’m frightened to step outside for fear of disintegrating into a puff of smoke.
Unless you’re keeping temperatures down from the safety of an air-conditioned icebox (lucky you!), you’re probably in need of something cold and refreshing to make you smile.
These easy ice cream blocks will do the trick. I’ve always got frozen banana in the freezer as it’s super handy for smoothies. Banana does something magical when it’s frozen and when you use it in a smoothie you don’t need to add ice AND you get a fabulous creamy consistency.
The good news is, frozen banana isn’t just good for smoothies. It’s also brilliant for whipping up a super quick ice cream.
Whiz the heck out of frozen banana, peanut butter, coconut milk and cacao powder (or whatever flavours you like) and you’ve got yourself a healthy ice cream treat. Packed full of flavour and no hidden nasties.
Tip: You’ll want to play around with different measurements and flavours to get the taste you prefer. Try adding frozen berries or mango for a fruiter ice cream, or stir through some crushed nuts for texture.
- 3 bananas, broken into pieces and frozen
- 2 Tbs peanut butter
- 1 Tbs cacao powder
- 1 Tbs coconut milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Add the ultrablade to the bowl and add all ingredients. Set at speed 10 for 30 seconds.
- Check the consistency and scrape down the inside of the bowl with a spatula.
- Set at speed 10 for another 30 seconds. Check the consistency - if it’s too thick, add a little extra milk. Now’s the time to taste and adjust the flavour if desired.
- Pour the ice cream into moulds and freeze for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Whip our your ice cream blocks on a hot day and enjoy!
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter!