With the family visiting for dinner on the weekend, I was planning to remake a chocolate and walnut brownie. I then realised I had 4 small bananas that needed to be used.
I adapted this from a recipe on About.com and thankfully, it turned out quite well. I sliced up the whole loaf, wrapped each piece individually and froze them so they are perfect to take to work and pop in the toaster for a mid morning snack!
Banana and walnut bread
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 small ripe bananas
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Stir through sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mash the bananas then add all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased bread pan.
- Bake for 50mins.
- Toast a thick slice, butter and enjoy!