A visit to the chilled out island of Thailand’s Koh Samui conjures up images of relaxing, soaking up the sun and enjoying time with no plans. Hello holiday relaxo!
Island life doesn’t have to be all about sunbeds and cocktails by the pool. There’s plenty to do if you venture away from the hotel – here’s a few activities to keep you occupied.
- Take in the stunning view and grab that perfect holiday snapshot of popular Chewang Beach from the Ladd Koh lookout.
- Giggle with the tourists at Hin-Ta and Hin-Yai, grandfather and grandmother rocks that nature has shaped into genitalia.
- See the incredibly well-preserved mummified monk at the Wat Khunaram temple.
- Visit Nam Tok Na Muang – a 30m waterfall (the tallest on Samui) flowing into a green pool.
- Book a speedboat for a memorable day of snorkelling, kayaking and swimming amongst the 42 islands of Ang Thong National Marine Park.
- Visit Wat Phra Yai – a small island with an impressive 15m high Temple of the Big Buddha.
- Hit the shops, enjoy a meal or treat yourself to a relaxing Thai massage at Chaweng Beach.
- Eat, drink and shop at the bustling Fishermans Village markets every Friday night.
A few days wasn’t enough time on the beautiful island of Ko Samui. I’m certainly keen to go back and take my time exploring it again. It’s a great place to relax and get a dose of adventure.
What’s your favourite holiday island activity?
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter