Hello friends! I’m back from the Mekong Delta and it was a fantastic experience. Vietnam is such a wonderfully interesting country and one I really would love to visit again.
Here are 5 great things to do in the Mekong Delta
- Glide along the canals of the Mekong River in a 3 seater sampan
- Stay overnight on an island with a local family and help prepare the evening meal
- Enjoy a performance of traditional music and song from the South of Vietnam
- Take a boat ride on the Mekong River to see Cai Be – the daily floating market
- Visit cottage industries to see how rice paper rolls, coconut sweets and pottery are made
Sadly I am nearing the end of my trip. I will have another post on my last stop in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and I’ll share much more detailed posts and photos when I’m back in Sydney town. x