It’s always a good time to visit Thailand. There’s no denying what a popular destination it is and chances are, you know at least one person who’s been, and LOVED it. With everything from a modern capital city to rural hillside tribes, this South-East Asian gem has a fantastic and delicious mix of old and new.
With big city skycrapers, golden temples and huge Buddha statues, a Grand Palace and a love for royalty, a hundred year-old floating trade market, ancient ruins, mountains, waterfalls, rice fields, elephant encounters and of course, lots of places to shop, Thailand has something for everyone.
If you haven’t been to Thailand and you’re still deciding whether or not it’s for you, here are a few excellent reasons why you should take the plunge and make that booking.
- Affordable – With daily expenses that can be managed very cheaply, Thailand is set to suit any budget with accommodation from cheap backpacker hostels to extravagant resorts and retreats.
- Friendly faces – Perhaps it’s due to the history of Buddhism or maybe it’s because they live in such a fascinating country – whatever the reason, you’ll always feel welcome as Thai people are happy, friendly and kind.
- Fresh food – With an abundance of fresh produce, treat your tastebuds to popular noodle dishes like Pad Thai or Pad See Ew, a sweet and sour Tom Yum soup or a hot green curry with rice. Trying the tropical fruits is a must and for a snack you can’t go past a crispy deep-fried banana. A traditional dessert of sticky rice with mango is an excellent way to finish a meal.
- Good weather – Located close to the equator, Thailand’s warm and comfortable climate makes it perfect for venturing south to explore the lush beaches, numerous islands and a spot of snorkelling with tropical fish in the crystal clear waters.
- Relax and unwind – At almost every turn there are massage parlours with soft reclining chairs and friendly, uniformed and expert pamperers, offering to give you an invigorating Thai massage. Treat yourself to a relaxing neck rub, body scrub or manicure and pedicure.
Have you been to Thailand? I’d love to hear what you love about this beautiful destination.
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter