Sin chao! It’s day 3 of the tour and my fourth day in Vietnam. I am quite honestly falling in love with this place. It’s a feast for every one of the senses.
Yesterday I spent the night on an old boat in the incredibly beautiful Halong Bay. It is truly is breathtaking and I highly recommend you visit this untouched wonder if you can. Here are my 5 reasons why:
- The many islands / rock formations are such a natural beauty
- Lying on the rooftop while gazing up at the stars reminded me how big this world is
- Kayaking on still water through caves is an unforgettable experience
- The floating villages are incredible – what a way to live!
- It’s amazing to watch the throbbing heads of big creamy jellyfish glide by
Tonight I’ll be on an overnight train headed for Hue. Tomorrow we’ll tour the city of Hue, then have a traditional dinner with locals. More to come folks, stay tuned. x