Most people love cookies and a fresh, homemade batch is a great way to make them smile. Admittedly, I get just as happy by making them. The mouth-watering smell of cookies baking and then tasting one when they’re still warm – I can totally see how people get addicted to baking.
It’s pretty handy to have a go-to cookie recipe up your sleeve. One that doesn’t take long to make, contains pantry staples and is always going to be a hit.
These quick bites have no dairy, no egg and only takes 30 seconds to mix and 15 minutes to bake.
Tip: If you’re a fan of spice like me, these snacks are quite nice with a little added cinnamon – a quarter of a teaspoon should do the trick.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Insert the crushing / kneading blade to the bowl. Add all the dry ingredients, then the wet. Set at speed 5 for 30 seconds.
- Roll the dough into balls and bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden.
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter!