I’m having a blast in Vietnam – it’s an amazing country. I’m taking lots of photos and notes so there will be much to share with you in on my return!
In the meantime, here’s a taste of what I have learnt so far:
- You never have to wait long for a meal
- The humidity is exhausting
- On the road a tooting horn is not aggressive
- Bargaining is hard work!
- Seasoning of Vietnamese food is done at the table
- It’s easy to get scammed on the street
- Pho is pronounced ‘fur’
- Never step backwards in traffic
- Hand washed clothes dry fast
- The Vietnamese don’t waste a thing when it comes to food
Today I’m heading to Halong Bay where I’ll stay overnight on a boat. What’s happening where you are?