The more I learn about food and cooking, the more I realise that it’s often the simplest and easy dishes that are the best.
This is a chocolately adaptation of a really easy dessert I saw on Huey’s Kitchen. He’s on the tely when I’m getting ready for work and although he can be a bit bumbling and messy (and his jokes are pretty terrible), I find him and his style of cooking much more real than some of the current highly stylised and polished cooking shows.
Bananas and chocolate are great friends, it’s such a winning a combo. I love how gloriously messy these little puffs are. Who said cooking had to be tidy?
This is an amazingly simple dessert that works just as well for a sweet afternoon snack as it would at the end of a meal for dinner guests. And I’m willing to bet that it’s a BIG hit with the little ones, too.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 bananas, cut in half lengthways
- Coconut or brown sugar
- Almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay the pastry sheet on the baking tray and cut into banana-sized rectangles.
- Use the back of a spoon to gently spread Nutella on the middle of the pastry then top with banana.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with almond milk and sprinkle sugar on top of the banana.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- If desired, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
What’s cooking at your house? Leave a comment below and share your super easy homemade dessert.
Want a dose of vegeTARAian in your inbox?
Click here to subscribe to the weekly newsletter!